Our Beacons are Eddy-Ready.
If you’re looking for the simplest solution to start using the Physical Web, each BKON brand beacon comes standard with a 6 character TouchPoint ID on the side (and inside) so there’s no additional configuration needed. Getting started is simple:
- Sign-in to your account.
- Configure destinations for each beacon’s unique TouchPoint ID.
- With your beacon nearby, use a Physical Web browser to see your destination links.
If you purchased your BKON brand beacons prior to July 2015, you may require a firmware update. Contact us for further instructions.
Are You Eddy-Ready?
If you already use another beacon brand, but want to reutilize that investment for a Physical Web deployment, you likely can. Visit your beacon manufacturer’s website and look for Eddystone-URL compatibility. If you are “Eddy-Ready”, then you can simply add a TouchPoint ID compatible URL to that beacon’s destination and it will instantly become compatible with our platform.
If you have questions contact us. We would be happy to help.
Configuration is easy.
Since each beacon brand’s process is a little different, it is a good idea to visit the manufacturer’s site for how to make the switch to Eddystone-URL with your brand of beacon.
- Sign-in to your account to get your unique TouchPoint IDs for each beacon.
- Following your beacon manufacturer’s instructions, pair with your beacon using their configuration app, then change your beacon’s broadcast protocol to Eddystone-URL.
- * Upgrade your firmware if necessary.
- Set your beacon’s Eddystone-URL as the TouchPoint ID-URL supplied by our platform.
- From our platform, configure destinations for each beacon and save.
- Using a Physical Web browser, verify that your beacon is broadcasting the desired content.
Once confirmed, our platform will let you update your Physical Web beacons’ destination links from anywhere, at any time, without ever having to pair with those beacons again.